Work and Potential energy reflection with a value of 4 points.
For this year’s fair every group needs to make a model ( maqueta ) that illustrates their project.
The model ( maqueta ) needs to have the following dimensions: 34 inches in length and 25 inches width.
Please follow the link below, read, watch video, and analyze before answering the questions. DUE NEXT CLASS
QUESTIONS: (Also found in the link)
- What are metallic bonds?
- How do metallic bonds relate to the properties of metals?
- The iron in the metal working picture above (Figure above) is red hot. Infer why the metalworker heats the iron when he shapes it.
- What is electricity? Why can metals conduct electricity?
- What can metals conduct besides electricity?
- How could you use an empty pop can to demonstrate that metals can bend without breaking?
For this LOG your group will need to speak to the class about the design and construction of rollercoasters. Also, explain the roles of the group of professionals required to construct one and what important factors these professionals take into consideration when building a rollercoaster.
DUE DATE: Monday FEB. 19th
For this LOG you will need to talk to the rest of the class about the field of chemical engineering. At the end of your presentation we must all know, what chemical engineering is and what chemical engineers do. Also bring a short video of a chemical engineered being interviewed.
DUE DATE: FRIDAY FEB. 16TH
For this LOG you will need to research the formation and evolution of cancer cell in the human body. Also how chemotherapy kills cells.
DUE DATE: FRIDAY FEBRUARY 16TH