For this LOG your group will need to speak to the class about the design and construction of rollercoasters. Also, explain the roles of the group of professionals required to construct one and what important factors these professionals take into consideration when building a rollercoaster.
DUE DATE: Monday FEB. 19th
For this LOG you will need to talk to the rest of the class about the field of chemical engineering. At the end of your presentation we must all know, what chemical engineering is and what chemical engineers do. Also bring a short video of a chemical engineered being interviewed.
DUE DATE: FRIDAY FEB. 16TH
For this LOG you will need to research the formation and evolution of cancer cell in the human body. Also how chemotherapy kills cells.
DUE DATE: FRIDAY FEBRUARY 16TH
This month’s LOG will need to answer the following questions:
- How are stalactites and stalagmites formed?
- What is their chemical composition?
- Where are they commonly found?
- Are their any uses for them?
- DUE DATE: FEB. THURS. 15TH
For this project we will be working in the previously assigned science fair groups.
Each group is assigned 2 minerals for which you will need to make a PPT presentation with the following information:
- Where are they commonly found and why?
- Reasons for physical appearance
GROUPS AND MINERALS:
GROUP 1 = QUARTZ and FELDSPAR
GROUP 2 = BIOTITE and MICA
GROUP 3 = CALCITE and GYPSUM
GROUP 4 = FLUORITE and HEMATITE
This project will be worked individually. Every student must select one ionic bond, one polar covalent bond, and one non-polar covalent bond. For each of these, every student will make a video of themselves explaining:
- What elements compose the bond?
- Explanation of Bohr’s model for each element.
- How the composing elements are classified?
- Where on the periodic table are the elements found?
- How many valence electrons?
- Explain what type of bond is formed by the elements and why?
- Explain the characteristics of the bond that was formed.
- Explain how they bond and how their electronegativity changes and how the elements change after they bond?
- Mention where the molecule that is formed after the chemical bond is found.
You will work in groups ( Science fair groups) to complete the following scenarios:
- Newton’s first law
- Inertia and Motion
- Balanced and Unbalanced forces
- Newton’s Second Law
- Newton’s Third Law
For each of the bullets listed above each group needs to write 2 statements. Each statement must be confirmed or disapproved through a scenario that must be acte out by the members of the group, recorded in a video and brought in to class on Thursday February the 8th for 20 points