Everyone will :
- be working with a partner for this project.
- research an event that has produced extraodinary mass movement in any country/city. Research paper should not exceed 3 pages and needs to include but is not limited to the following: Country, city, date, type of event that caused the mass movement, type of mass movement, explanation of mass movement, effects of mass movement on the land, structures, life , measures taken to aid and reduce possibilities of other occurrences and analysis of land elevationd and features before and after event and mass movement.
- draw two topographic maps based on instructions provided in class that illustrate changes of land elevation and shape; one before mass movement and one after mass movement. Maps must include picture of area.
*Research information and maps will be presented in class.
For this year’s fair every group needs to make a model ( maqueta ) that illustrates their project.
The model ( maqueta ) needs to have the following dimensions: 34 inches in length and 25 inches width.
This month’s LOG will need to answer the following questions:
- How are stalactites and stalagmites formed?
- What is their chemical composition?
- Where are they commonly found?
- Are their any uses for them?
- DUE DATE: FEB. THURS. 15TH
For this project we will be working in the previously assigned science fair groups.
Each group is assigned 2 minerals for which you will need to make a PPT presentation with the following information:
- Where are they commonly found and why?
- Reasons for physical appearance
GROUPS AND MINERALS:
GROUP 1 = QUARTZ and FELDSPAR
GROUP 2 = BIOTITE and MICA
GROUP 3 = CALCITE and GYPSUM
GROUP 4 = FLUORITE and HEMATITE