Please watch this video and remember to bring colored pencils for next class.
Define the following vocabulary words in your notebook:
- Solar eclipse
- Lunar eclipse
- New moon
Explain the image below in terms of solar and lunar eclipses.
Show your work
- What is the acceleration of a car that travels south and speeds up from 20m/s to 65 m/s in 30s?
2. If car A goes from 10 to 85 meters in an hour and car B goes from 5 to 25 meters in 20 mins. Who has the greatest acceleration?
3. Emely ran half of 3 meters in 10s , then twice that distance in 8 seconds. At the end of her race, she ran the last 15 meters in 15 seconds.
- What was Emely’s velocity during the first , second and last intervals, average velocity, and acceleration?
- Draw a graph for Emely’s race.
4. What is the difference between constant acceleration and constant velocity.
Study the following concepts for this month’s test:
- Frame of reference
- Instantaneous velocity
- Average velocity
- Constant velocity
- Constant acceleration
- Position – time graphs
- Rise- Run/Slope
Study the following topics for this month’s test:
- Inner and Outer planets
- Asteroid belts
- Meteor, meteoroids, and meteorites
- Sun structure
- Life cycle of stars
Follow these links for more review options:
The following should be studied/reviewed for your monthly test:
- Calculation of average atomic mass
- Calculations using law of multiple and definite proportions
- Conversion from moles to mass and mass to moles.
- Law of conservation of mass
- Law of definite proportions
- Law of multiple proportions
- Atomic number
- Mass number
- Average atomic mass
- Mole\Avogadro’s number
- Molar mass