- Due Date 9th A: Mon. 16th
- Due Date 9th B: Tues. 17th
Please copy the following notes into your notebooks. These will be you end of the chapter review.
The Sun is not solid, nor is it a typical gas. Most atoms in the Sun exist as plasma.
- The Sun’s central core is plasma with a temperature of around 27 million°C. At such high temperatures hydrogen combines to form helium by nuclear fusion, a process that releases vast amounts of energy. This energy moves outward, towards the outer layers of the Sun.
- The energy released in the core travels extremely slowly through the radiative zone.
- In the convection zone, hot material from near the radiative zone rises, cools at the Sun’s surface, and then plunges back downward to the radiative zone. Convective movement helps to create solar flares and sunspots.
After watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NxfBOhQ1CY , please answer the questions found below.
- The Sun is very dense, so is there solid matter at the center? Why or why not?
- What are the inner layers of the Sun and what are their characteristics?
- What are the outer layers of the Sun and what are their characteristics?
- What powers the Sun?
What are the molecular weights of the following compounds?
Calculate the following:
- How many moles are in 22 grams of argon?
- How many grams are in 88.1 moles of magnesium?
- How many moles are in 2.3 grams of phosphorus?
- How many grams are in 11.9 moles of chromium?
- Follow the link below and complete the vocabulary, copy the summary and answer the questionnaire found in this link after reading and watching the video.
2. Draw a comet and label its parts with a short description of each.
Follow the link below and after watching the video provided answer questions 2 and 3 found below the video.
Calculate the following Average atomic mass remember to show your work:
- Neon has two major isotopes, Neon-20 and Neon-22. Out of every 250 neon atoms, 225 will be Neon-20 (19.992 g/mol), and 25 will be Neon-22 (21.991 g/mol). What is the average atomic mass of Neon?
- In a sample of 200 Chlorine atoms, it is found that 151 are Cl-35 (34.969 amu), and 49 are Cl-37 (36.966 amu). What is the average atomic mass of Chlorine?
- Without doing any math, are there more Bromine-79 atoms or more Bromine-80 atoms on earth? (Hint: look at the periodic table.)
Make a graph for the following and calculate the slope for each graphed trajectory.
- A car goes from rest to 25 m in 10 s.
- A car starts at 30 m and reaches 45 m after 5 s.
Using the table below graph the following trajectories, calculate the velocity and label each one of them:
Displacement 1: From the 3rd position to the 5th position.
Displacement 2: From rest to 0.4 s and back to rest ( calculating that the second displacement took the same amount of time)
Displacement 3: From 0.6 s to 1 s
Click on the following link, readhttps://www.ck12.org/c/chemistry/avogadros-number/lesson/user:dndlbgtlqgrldgxha2vzlmsxmi5tbi51cw../Avogadros-Number-dup-handle-tbd/ , and answer the questions , to discuss next class.
*We will complete section 3 vocabulary in class.
Follow the link below and answer the questions found in the link.
Answer the following word problems by using the law of definite proportions.
In a small block of salt (NaCl) there is 39.34 g and 60.66 g of chlorine
In a sample of magnesium oxide there are 24.3 g of magnesium and 40.3 g of oxygen.